Energy efficiency is critical for operating a manufacturing facility or warehouse. Maximizing energy efficiency helps to reduce overhead and increase earnings. Using industrial LED lights can help you achieve significant cost savings. But you must choose industrial light fixtures with great care for maximum savings. Let us see how you can do that.
Benefits of Using LED Industrial Lighting
- Energy efficiency: LED lights are much more efficient than other technologies. They can lighten up areas more effectively and precisely with less energy. So, if you want to choose industrial light fixtures that are energy efficient and save energy costs, LED lights are your answer. Switching to LED solutions can help save you up to 75% more energy than fluorescent and incandescent options.
- Reduced maintenance: LED light fixtures can drastically reduce operational maintenance costs. LED lighting luminaires and lamps have significantly longer lifetimes than legacy commercial options. The industry standard LED light fixtures are designed to perform for an average of 50000 hours, which is much higher than traditional fixtures with a lifespan of 1000 hours. Even the most efficient linear fluorescent lights offer only 30000 hours of Performance. So, with industrial LED fixtures, your staff will no longer be focused on purchasing replacement parts and safe disposal of old bulbs.
- Quality and Performance: The quality of light emitted from LEDs is much higher than that of traditional lighting solutions. They have a higher CRI or color rendering index that reveals the colors of various objects more accurately compared to actual daylight conditions. You can use LED lights with specialized optics in light-targeted areas to avoid dark spots, unlike conventional light fixtures that emit light and heat in all directions. So, you ultimately get the proper amount of footcandles on the ground, as IES standards recommend. This means you get the highest quality light where you need it the most.
Best Types LED Light Fixtures for Industrial Use
- LED High Bay Lights: these can be used in large spaces like warehouses and other facilities with high ceilings, usually 25 feet and higher. High bay lights focus more directly to illuminate large open spaces at a longer range. Specialized optics are also available for warehouses to light in between the racking, thus increasing visibility.
- LED Low bay lights: these are used in factories, warehouses, storage areas, and workshops with lower ceilings, mostly 20 feet or less. The lights usually have optics that evenly distribute lighting for maximum coverage in tight spaces.
- LED linear strip lights are great options for large spaces requiring a slim form factor or smaller footprint. They are available in various lengths and mounting options, perfect for hallways, workshops, and factory floors with tight spaces.
- LED vapor-tight lights: some industrial environments are too humid or have harsh environments where traditional lighting may not be suitable. Vapor-tight lights are designed to withstand such areas that are exposed to humidity, water, and dust.
Make the Switch and Save the Cost
Industrial LED lighting can help to keep the overall cost of running the facilities down. This can go a long way toward increasing profit margins as well as the quality of service. Now is the best time to switch to industrial LED lighting and capitalize on the savings.